Are you wondering which is best for you, the 3 qt or the 6 qt instant pot duo pressure cooker? You have come to the right place. We will help you decide on the best choice for your situation. You will get to see all the differences between the Instant Pot Duo 3 quart and the Instant Pot Duo 6 quart.
The size of both pressure cookers is not just the difference between them. With difference in sizes come a host of other considerations. So without further ado, let’s first of all look at the similarities.
Similarities between the Instant Pot 3 quart and 6 quart.
1. 7 in 1 multi-use programmable pressure cooker. Replaces 7 Common Kitchen Appliances in 1. Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Saute, Yogurt Maker, prepares healthy, tasty dishes up to 70% faster.
2. Alexa compatible. This means it can be voice operated
3. One touch button control panel
4. Dual pressure settings for fast and slow cooking
5. Adjustable pressure settings
6. Stainless cooking pot for healthy food cooking.
7. Dishwasher safe cooking pot, lid and steam rack.
8. Has an exterior with brushed stainless steel, finger print resistant, with lid holder for left and right handed users, removable cord.
9. Has 10 safety features for ultimate safe cooking. These are – Steam Release, Anti-Block Shield , Safety Lid Lock , Lid Position Detection , Automatic Temperature Control , Overheat (Burn) Protection, Automatic Pressure Control , Electrical Fuse, Thermal Fuse, Leaky Lid Detection. They are also UL and ULC certified. There you go.
Differences between the instant pot 3 quart and 6 quart.
Now we are going to look at the differences because that is what will really decide it for us.
1. The Instant Pot 3 quart is just okay for 2-3 individuals. It is ideal for single servings and side dishes. If you are cooking and don’t need leftovers, this is for you. But the instant pot 6 quart is for families of about 4-6 members. Or if you are a family of less but you have friends or families coming over frequently, you could purchase the 6 quart too.
2. The dimensions of the two instant pots are different as would be expected. The 3 quart is 11.81 x 10.51 x 10.98 in while the 6 quart is 13.38 x 12.2 x 12.48 in. this shows that you could use the instant pot 3 quart in places like dorm room, RVs and boats. Talking about RVs, washing the inner pot of the 3 quart is so much easier than the 6 quart. It fits under the faucet much easier for a smooth wash. Unlike the 6 quart that will have you splashing water all over the place, because it is difficult to manipulate under the sink faucet.
3. If you need a lot of space on your counter top, then the instant pot 3 quart is the one to use. The 6 quart could obstruct your flow of work in the kitchen counter top.
Comparison Table for Instant Pot 3 qt vs 6 qt
|Pot size||Smart built in programs||Heating element power||voltage||display||Preset temp.||Control type||Cooking time||safety|
|Instant pot 3 qt||3 quart||11||700W||120V 60HZ||LED||12||Button||Up to 4 hours||10 safety features|
|Instant Pot 6 qt||6 quart||14||1000W||120V 60HZ||LED||12||Button||Up to 4 hours||10 safety features|
Deciding on which instant pot, 3 quart vs 6 quart , to buy actually comes down to size and how, when and where you will be using it. If you can absolutely do without the little differences outlined above, then price may be the determinant factor. The Instant Pot 3 qt will pressure cook a small amount of food for 2-3 people with some leftovers while the 6 qt will cook for a little more people with more leftovers.
For people living in RVs, students in dorms, traveling in RV, camping, boating, sailing, hotel excursions, the 3 qt is the most versatile pressure cooking appliance available.