This is a review of Instant Pot Duo Plus vs Mealthy Multipot multifunctional programmable pressure cookers. If you have not decided on which one yet, we will help you decide with our in-depth research that covers everything about these two pressure cookers. You will get to know their pros and cons of one over the other.
The main differences between Mealthy Multipot and Instant Pot Duo Plus
1. The Mealthy Multipot pressure cooker can cook two dishes at the same time. The included stainless-steel steamer basket enables you to make two dishes at once! The big cooking pot is also stainless steel! The instant pot cannot.
2. The Mealthy Multipot reaches pressure point (point that the real pressure cooking starts ) faster than the instant pot. That means it cooks slightly faster than the instant pot.
3. For the mealthy multiport, the pressure button pops up above the pot when it comes to pressure. The advantage of this, is that , it can be seen from across the room that the pressure cooking has started. This is a big plus.
4. The Mealthy Multipot has 14 easy touch cooking programs. So you can cook any of these, Poultry or Meat/Stew, Bean/Chili, Soup, Sauté/Simmer, Cake, Rice, Multigrain, Porridge, Steam, Slow Cook, Keep Warm, Yogurt, and Pressure Cook (manual setting), by just one touch button.
5. The Mealthy Multipot comes with an extra silicon gasket which can come in handy sometimes.
6. The mealthy multipot comes with a trivet stand that is slightly higher than that of the instant pot duo plus. The higher trivet allows for easy steaming of vegetables and egg cooking because water doesn’t touch whatever you are cooking.
7. The mealthy multiport has a time tracker. So you can actually see where you are at in the cooking process and may want to adjust accordingly. This is a very valuable feature because it allows you to plan your cooking while attending to other things.
8. The Instant Pot Duo Plus and the Mealthy Multiport both come with recipes. However, while the instant pot has a recipe book, the Mealthy Multipot has an app through which you can access the recipes.
Lets now look at individual features and how they compare
1. Control panel
The control panel of any pressure cooker is the most used part of the appliance. Once you can master the use of the control panel, you are on your way to some delicious meals through easy cooking. While some pressure cookers’ control panels are easy and intuitive, others are just plain difficult to get used to.
The Mealthy Multiport pressure cooker has easy-touch control panel with 9-in-1 cooking functions and 14 preset programs. Customizable presets and remembers your last selection. It comes with a LCD Panel with intuitive icons and progress indicator. This means you don’t need to guess what the symbols mean to get your cooking going.
The Instant Pot Duo Plus has large control panel with blue LCD screen with a metallic background. This makes the LCD screen very visible from a distance.
This is actually an improvement from the Instant Pot Duo, which many customers complained that the screen was difficult to see from afar. With this improvement it makes it easy to see how the cooking is progressing. Then the status icons tell you the progress of the cooking.
Heat – Indicates heating or cooking are in progress,
Pressure Cook – Indicates pressure cook program selected,
Keep Warm – Indicates if it is on/off,
and Sound – indicates if it is on/off.
Also from the control panel you can make some quick adjustments even when the cooking has started.
The Mealthy Multiport has it’s dimensions as 13 x 12.5 x 12.25 inches while the instant pot duo plus is slightly bigger at 14.17 x 14.84 x 13.31 inches.
Conclusion and verdict.
From the above it can be seen that the Mealthy Multipot programmable pressure cooker has the edge over the Instant Pot Duo Plus even though the Instant Pot is more popular. The extra accessories alone could give the Mealthy Multipot the edge, but other things like coming to pressure faster and the time tracker, really wins it for the Mealthy Multipot.